It’s essential to take some time to prepare your home’s heating and cooling system for the colder months ahead. Here are 10 Fall & Winter preventative maintenance tips that will help keep your HVAC system running all season smoothly long:
1. Have your heating system serviced by a professional before the cold weather sets in. It will help ensure that it’s operating efficiently and catch any potential problems before they become serious.
2. Replace your furnace filter monthly (or as needed). A clean filter will help your furnace run more efficiently and improve indoor air quality.
3. Inspect and clean your gutters and downspouts regularly.
4. Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your home’s exterior. Overhanging branches can damage your roof and result in higher energy bills. If you need furnace repair in Palo Alto, Call the professional.
5. Weatherstrip doors and windows to help prevent drafts. Drafty windows and doors can let cold air into your home, making it harder for your furnace to keep things warm.
6. Set your thermostat to ‘auto’ rather than ‘on.’ It will help save energy when you’re not home or when everyone is asleep.
7. Use a humidifier during winter to help prevent static electricity and dry skin. Just be sure to clean it regularly to prevent mold growth.
8. Insulate any exposed pipes in your home to prevent them from freezing during winter. Frozen pipes can burst and cause extensive damage.
9. Disconnect any hoses from outdoor faucets and drain them before putting them away for the winter. It will help prevent them from freezing and bursting over the winter months. In case you need furnace repair in San Jose, visit the website.
10. Have your chimney inspected and cleaned annually by a professional sweep. It will help prevent dangerous fires and fumes from entering your home.