Not Every HVAC Emergency Is A Crisis
It can be a nightmare when your furnace or air conditioner breaks down. If this happens, you should call our HVAC contractors to come out and fix the problem as soon as possible. However, only some HVAC emergencies are real crises. Some issues can wait a day or two for repairs without becoming significant problems.
If you’re not sure of whether or not your HVAC problem is an emergency, it’s recommended you call us at Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. We’ll be able to assess the situation and let you know if we need to come out right away or if it can wait until our next available appointment. We provide various air conditioning and furnace repairs in San Jose, CA.
In the meantime, here are a few tips to help you troubleshoot some common HVAC problems:
- If your furnace is blowing cold air, check to see if the pilot light is lit. If not, relight it according to your owner’s manual instructions.
- If your air conditioner isn’t cooling evenly, ensure that the unit is turned on and that the thermostat is set to “cool.” Also, check to ensure the outdoor unit is clean.
Signs Of Real HVAC Emergencies
If you’re unsure whether or not your HVAC problem is an emergency, here are some signs that you should look for:
- No heat during winter: If your furnace stops working during the winter, it is an emergency. You and your family could become seriously ill if you don’t have heat, so it’s crucial to call one of our contractors immediately.
- No air conditioning during summer: Just like with no heat in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer can also be extremely dangerous. If temperatures inside your home become too high, it could lead to a heat stroke or other serious health problems.
- Strange noises from your HVAC system: If you start hearing strange noises from your furnace or air conditioner, it could indicate that something is wrong with the system. It’s recommended to have one of our contractors diagnose the problem as soon as possible.
- High indoor humidity: If your home suddenly feels more humid than usual, it could signal that your air conditioner is no longer working efficiently. High indoor humidity can lead to mold and mildew growth, so it’s necessary to have the problem fixed as soon as possible.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, you can call Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. We provide comprehensive furnace and air conditioning repair in San Jose, CA.
Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. For Your HVAC Service:
If you’re ever in need of HVAC services, don’t hesitate to call us. We’re a reputable company serving the San Jose area since 1976. We’re always available to help our customers with any HVAC problems they may be experiencing, no matter how big or small. Contact us at (408) 847-6533 to schedule your heating and AC repair in San Jose.