What Questions To Ask Before Repairing Or Replacing Your HVAC System
If your furnace is on the fritz or your air conditioner unit is not functioning efficiently, you may be considering whether to repair or replace your HVAC system. Of course, there are several factors to consider before making a decision. You will need to consider the age and condition of your current system, the cost of repairs, and the efficiency of newer models. If you are looking for cooling and furnace repair in Palo Alto, CA, Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is a top-notch HVAC contractor that always puts its customers first.
To help you decide whether to repair or replace your HVAC system, ask yourself the following questions:
- How old are my heating and cooling systems? The average furnace lasts between 15 and 20 years, while the average AC unit has a lifespan of 10 to 15 years. If your furnace is nearing the end of its lifespan, it may make more sense to replace it rather than repair it. The same goes for an AC unit that is over 10 years old.
- Is my HVAC unit under warranty? If your furnace or AC unit is still under warranty, it may make more sense to repair rather than replace the system. However, ensure to check the terms of your warranty to see what is covered and what isn’t. Some warranties only cover parts, while others may also cover labor costs.
- Is my AC and furnace energy-efficient? Older AC and furnaces are much less energy-efficient than newer models. If you have an older system, replacing it with a newer, more efficient model could help you save money on your heating bills.
- How often does my HVAC unit require repairs? If your heating and cooling unit need frequent repairs, replacing it with a newer model may be more cost-effective. However, Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. will provide you with quality furnace and AC repair in San Jose, CA.
- What is the cost of repair? The cost of repairs is another crucial factor to consider when deciding whether to repair or replace your HVAC system. In some cases, the cost of repairs may be more than the cost of a new system. If this is the case, it may make more sense to replace your HVAC system rather than repair it.
- Would repairing my HVAC system void the warranty? In some cases, repairing your HVAC system may void the warranty. If this is the case, it may make more sense to replace your system rather than repair it.
Receiving Heating And Cooling Services
When it comes to an air conditioner and furnace repair in Palo Alto, CA, nobody does it better than Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. We’re here to help you make the best decision for your home or business. Our trained and certified professionals are experts in their field and can help you determine whether repairing or replacing your HVAC system is the best option. So, don’t hesitate to call us at (408) 847-6533 to schedule your HVAC service.