Frequent HVAC Issues In The Winter
As the winter season approaches, you may be thinking about what kind of HVAC issues you’re likely to face. Here in San Jose, we tend to see a few common problems come up more often than others. By being aware of these potential issues, you can be better prepared to deal with them if they arise. A replacement may be the best option when there is an issue with your heating and cooling unit. Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is a trusted HVAC contractor, and we provide the best furnace and AC replacement in San Jose, CA, and surrounding areas.
Some of the frequent HVAC issues in the winter that we see are:
- Frozen pipes: Burst pipes are one of the most common and costly problems associated with cold weather. If your pipes freeze, they can burst and cause extensive damage to your home. To prevent this from happening, make sure to insulate your pipes to keep them from freezing in the first place.
- Uneven heating: During winter, it’s not uncommon for homes to have uneven heating. It happens when there are areas in your home that are not getting enough heat or ventilation. The best way to combat this issue is by having one of our professionals come and inspect your HVAC system to ensure everything is working efficiently.
- Higher energy bills: As the temperature outside drops, your heating bill will likely go up. However, if you notice a significant increase in your energy bill, there could be an issue with your HVAC system. To save money on your energy bill, ensure your system is serviced regularly and only use it when necessary.
- Decreased air flow from vents: Mostly in winter, the furnace is used excessively, which leads to a decrease in airflow from vents. It happens when air ducts are blocked, or there is a problem with the furnace itself. If you notice decreased airflow, ensure to have your system inspected by Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. as soon as possible.
- Heating system breakdowns: Unfortunately, heating system breakdowns are not uncommon during the winter months. If your system breaks down, it’s crucial to call one of our professionals immediately so they can assess the situation and make the necessary repairs.
- Leaking ductwork: One of the common issues during winter is leaking ductwork. It happens when the seals around your ducts become loose or damaged, allowing warm air to escape. To prevent this from happening, ensure to have your ducts inspected.
Other HVAC issues that you could encounter in the wintertime include:
- Inoperative heat pumps
- Defective pilot lights
- Too little or too frequent cycling
Schedule Your Heating And Air Conditioning Service
If you’re having any trouble with your heating and cooling system, don’t hesitate to reach out to Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. We’ll be happy to come out, diagnose the problem, and get your system up and running again in no time. Call us today at (408) 847-6533 to schedule your AC and furnace replacement in San Jose, CA.