How To Handle A Heating Unit That Isn't Blowing Hot Air
With time, a heater stops working as efficiently as it used to in the beginning. When this time comes, you start paying more attention to it or think about a new heater installation in San Jose. Nothing is more frustrating during the winter than a furnace that won’t blow hot air. You can do a few things that may help fix the problem.
- Check the batteries in your thermostat: If your heater isn’t blowing hot air, you should first check the batteries in your thermostat. If the batteries are dead, your heater won’t turn on. If your thermostat is battery-operated, ensure you replace the batteries.
- Verify the gas valve is open and unobstructed by dirt: The next thing you should check is the gas valve. Ensure that it is turned to the “on” position and that no dirt or debris is blocking it. If there is, you will need to clean it off before your heater will work properly.
- Check the circuit breaker: If the heater still doesn’t come on, check to see if the circuit breaker has been tripped. If it has, reset it and try again. It is also possible that the fuse has blown. If this is the case, you will need to replace the fuse before your heater will work again.
- Ensure that the pilot light is lit: If your heater has a pilot light, ensure it is lit. If it is not, you will need to relight it according to the instructions in your heater’s owner’s manual. Pilot light problems are one of the most common reasons heaters stop working.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter: Another possible reason your heater isn’t blowing hot air is that the furnace filter is dirty. Try cleaning it first, and if that doesn’t work, replace it with a new one. If it is filthy, replacing it will be the best option.
- Check your thermostat settings: Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” and not “cool.” If it is set to “cool,” your heater will not turn on.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to call Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. for heating repair in San Jose, CA. We will be able to diagnose the problem and get your heater up and running again in no time.
Get In Touch With Us To Have Your HVAC System Serviced
If you are considering having a heater repair in San Jose, it might be a good idea to have the entire HVAC system serviced. Our Malibu Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. team can take care of everything for you so that you won’t worry about it. Having your heater serviced regularly is the best way to keep it running efficiently and prevent future problems. We have years of experience servicing all types of heating units and will be able to find the problem and fix it quickly. We also provide heater installation in San Jose, CA. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.