As the temperatures drop, you may reach for the thermostat more often. But what if your furnace isn’t working as efficiently as it used to? If your home isn’t heating up, it could be time to replace your furnace. Here are ten signs that it’s time for a new furnace:
1. Your energy bills are going up. If you’ve noticed a sharp increase in your energy bills, it could be due to an inefficient furnace.
2. Your furnace is more than 15 years old. With regular use, furnaces typically last about 15 years. If yours is older than that, it may be time for an upgrade. If you need furnace replacement in San Jose, Call the professional.
3. The furnace is constantly cycling on and off. It signifies an aging furnace that can’t keep up with the demand.
4. The furnace is making strange noises. These could be anything from a low rumble to a high-pitched squeal. Whatever the noise, it’s a sign that something’s wrong with your furnace.
5. There’s yellow or orange flame instead of blue. A yellow or orange flame means the gas isn’t burning correctly, which can be dangerous.
6. The pilot light is constantly going out. It is another sign of an ageing furnace that needs to be replaced.
7. You can see rust itself. Rust is a sign of wear and tear and means that the metal components are breaking down.
8. The rooms in your house are unevenly heated. If some rooms are warmer than others, it could mean that there’s a blockage in the ductwork or that the furnace itself is unequalized. If you need furnace repair in Palo Alto, Call the professional.
9 . The air coming from the vents smells musty or burnt. It could be due to several things. Once they do, they may suggest replacing the old furnace.
10 . You’ve had frequent repairs done on the furnace. Like any other appliance, furnaces will need occasional maintenance. However, if you have to repair your furnace more than once every few years, it may be time for a replacement.